Stuffed Acorn Squash
Although Acorn Squash is somewhat of a fall season food, I love to eat it stuffed with rice and apples (and sometimes pears) all year round. Recently, I shared this post on my IG page and got some request for the recipe. Try it out and let me know what you think...
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 1 Apple
- 1/2 cup Brown rice
- 1 cup (8oz) Ground Turkey
- 1 tbs of diced yellow onion
- 1 tbs green bell peper
- preferred seasoning to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Slice acorn squash in half and remove seeds. Coat with olive oil. Place faced down in a baking dish.
- Add about an inch of water into the bottom of baking dish. Place in oven for about 45 min or until squash is soft enough for a fork to go through it. (Do not allow squash to become mushy)
- Bring a pot of water a boil. Cook rice until tender. Strain
- Simultaneously, brown ground turkey. Drain
- Mix rice, turkey, and diced apples, onions, and peppers. Season mixture to taste
- Remove Squash from oven. Add rice mixture to the middle of squash. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please Like it, comment below, and share..