Whole Wheat Berry Muffins
A few months ago, I found some fresh cranberries on sale for $1.99 at Kroger. I kept them in my freezer for a while, periodically adding them to my oatmeal. My intention was to use them in muffins because I love the Vegan Cranberry Muffins at the Sprouts Market. Baking is not really my thing so I was a little reluctant. However, I finally mustered up the courage to give baking from scratch a try, and these were pretty good. Any other first time bakers? Give this simple recipe a try and comment below to let me how your muffins turn out! Note: these are not vegan as they contain eggs. I will try vegan next time...
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 pinch of salt
1 3/4 cup of almond milk
1 tsp of mayo
1 3/4whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
1/2 cup cranberries
1/3 cup of blueberries
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon of granulated or raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line muffin pan with liners or cooking spray
- Mix your wet ingredients, oil, almond milk, vanilla. Whisk egg separately and then add to this mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 1/2 of wheat flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until mixture is combined.
- Add cranberries and blueberries and mix.
- Add batter to muffin cups, until the cups are about 1/2 full
- In a separate bowl mix remaining 1/4 cup of wheat flour, brown sugar and melted butter. Sprinkle to the top of the muffin batter in each cup.
- Place in oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- cool and enjoy