Make Your Own "No Bake" Energy Bites
Ever considered making your own healthy grab and go snack? Try these easy-to-make and inexpensive No Bake Energy Bites! With a prep time of only 15 minutes, you’ll be happy you made these protein and fiber packed bites to go along with you throughout your week.
- 1 cup Old fashion Oatmeal (dry and uncooked)
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter or Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Flavored Dried Cranberries (optional)
- 1/2 cup Roasted Unsalted Sunflower Seeds (optional)
- 1 tbs. Chia Seeds (Optional)
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Honey* (add more if needed)
- 1/2 ground flaxseed (optional)
1. Grab a medium sized bowl.
2. Toss in all your ingredients. Stir until everything is well mixed.
3. Grab some of your mixture, roll into whatever sized ball you’d like (i’d didn’t measure the diameter of the balls, I just grabbed a similar amounts each time).
4. Place balls on cookie sheet/ plastic container covered with wax paper and place in refrigerator for about 25-30mins.
Once chilled, grab one and ENJOY.
Store in refrigerator in air tight container. These should last for about a 1 week and a half.
Note: Many of the ingredients, for instance, cranberries, raisins, and sunflower seeds, are optional and could be substituted for other things like almonds, chocolate chips, flax seeds, dried blueberries, etc.
Try this recipe or create your own just like it. Whatever you do, have fun and be sure to comment with your feedback below.