Sweet Potato Toast
Hey Cultivators!!! I know I t’s been a while since ya girl has written a blog or shared recipes. Honestly after writing my first book, I haven’t desired to write much of anything outside of daily journals in my devotion time with God. Well this week, I took a mini hiatus from my normal “oatmeal for breakfast” routine and made some yummy sweet potato toast. I don’t think I could ever explain how much I love sweet potatoes and avocados!! These two foods really make my heart happy. I thought, why not combine two of my favorite things. Well I actually threw in some kale and a fried egg too. Looking to switch up your breakfast routine or include healthier options in your diet? Try my super simple and super yummy, sweet potato toast recipe...
1 large sweet potatoes
1/2 cup of kale
1 tbsp. of olive oil
1/3 cup (or less) sliced onion
1. Slice ends of sweet potato off until it’s flat on both sides
2. Slice sweet potato in half for mini pieces of toast. If you prefer larger pieces (skip this step)
3. Stand your sweet potato up so that one of the flat ends is facing down on the cutting board
4. Begin slicing sweet potato (1/4 of an inch) as if you were slicing bread into pieces of toast. Sat the slices to the side
5. Add 1/2 tbsp of oil into skillet and sauté kale and onions to your liking. Feel free to season to your liking as well. Remove from skillet and sat to side
6. Add other 1/2 tbsp of oil into skilled and fry egg. Season to your liking
7. Put sweet potatoe slices into the toaster and toast twice on high. Remove sweet potatoes and add topping.
I chose to add kale and onion to one slice, fried egg to another and avocado to another.